• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FL LMTV insurance and process in Florida

derpschitz

Got my LMTV finally right after the holidays, took the government forever to demil it (purchased in March!), because they were not convinced that I had enough space on my 20 acre farm to park it. Your tax dollars at work!
Finding insurance was a PITA, took me several weeks, but I finally found a policy through Assurant, who then underwrote the policy through American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida. $180 per year for basic liability coverage with state minimums.
Getting it titled/registered was not difficult after that. Took a bit longer than normal because they do not get a lot of SF97s and had to figure out the process. But it's done. I did not need to do any sort of roadworthiness cert from the cops, but I did require a VIN confirmation from them. Just called the local dispatch and they sent someone out to do it.
Hope this helps if you find yourself butting heads trying to get your papers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks