• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV: Parking Brake Air Valve replacement

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just purchased a new heater box for the Himars model from Will. It was suggested that I also upgrade the parking valve to one of the new dual modular units.
There is a lot going on in the new heater box and so much crammed in the left side.

Has anyone done this modification and are there any tricks involved? There seems to be a fair bit of plumbing down there and I would hate to muck it up.

On one of the brake threads there was reference to a write up, but I am having no joy locating that.

Pointman

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is what I was looking for thanks NDT! One thing though.. At one point the new valve is shown with one port plugged. Later in the write up it was shown with two of the lower ports plugged..? Any insight would be helpful as I plan to tackle this this coming weekend..

Pointman

crcarson26

Need A New Parking Brake Valve for my M1088 - Please Help!!

Can anyone tell me what the part number is on this Parking Brake valve?

iCFL5vNh.jpg

Rig is a 1998 M1088. I have found a few new valves on eBay N4400B but it does mount the same and looks like the wrong part.

HlKBVlhh.jpg

Please help!!!

Thanks,

coachgeo

The duel type pictured will work as well.... just not as plug and play but cost can be good bit less even if you need ancillary parts to fit it.. "if it is on sale" which seems to happen every couple of months

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just spent some time replacing the trailer valve and have ordered the park valve. I will point out the Haldex recommended part # for the aftermarket is KN20035, as the replacement for the tm # n30262. I have seen the # listed kn20021 in some places, but the tech line and the website specify KN20035. I ordered the later and will note any issues when I get it here. The diagrams for this show a different updated knob style. There are differences on the haldex site between the -21 and -35 parts, specifically the push pull psi pressures. I am guessing this may be where Haldex recommended one over the other. However this is if you intend to replace each valve separately and not use the single piece valving system show a post or two up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks