• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV - Toolbox Pics/description Please

Overdrive

Lots of pics out there from almost ever angle of the LMTV from GovPlanet and posts here except the toolbox and area behind the cab as viewed from behind the cab...
Can someone post a few pics of the toolbox both inside and looking at it from the cab back as it site under the spare tire with the cab raised?

Looking in the -10 I see pics that seem to suggest the tool box has more than one access door is this true?

I know its just an empty storage area but wanting to see how things look behind the cab and around the spare tire.

As a side note, for those that purchased from GovPlanet, was there any tools in your toolbox when you picked it up?

Thank you in advance!

OD

Lmtv772

Banned
There is only one opening , some trucks have tools inside (triangle, Air Hose, Tire Iron, Some have even hand tools in them) it all depends on what was taken out and used somewhere else or got lost.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm assuming you mean ONLY the tool box next to the air switch. It's not big. straps, chains, small BII, that's about it. a 32oz gatorade bottle will fill most of the opening.

There's a stoawage bin in the front cross wall of the bed. it's supposed to be used for storing the supports for the cargo cover that don't sit with the bows when in the 'stored' position. There's also 2 stowage locations (not bins as they aren't fully enclosed) under the center of the bed for storing the side boards when not in use.

Your main storage is the NBC storage boxes inside the cab. those things are huge and can store a lot.

Overdrive

Thank you for the descriptions. So it's just a little storage box basically.

Still would like to see some pics of that area behind the cab around the spare tire and between the spare across to the battery box.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are some pics of mine. The tire goes as far as the hydraulic power unit, then the air cleaner and coolant expansion tank take up the rest. There is no room for motorcycles etc.

Attachments

Lmtv772

Banned
Thank you for the descriptions. So it's just a little storage box basically.

Still would like to see some pics of that area behind the cab around the spare tire and between the spare across to the battery box.
Patience young jedi, you'll get your truck soon enough :)

Overdrive

Here are some pics of mine. The tire goes as far as the hydraulic power unit, then the air cleaner and coolant expansion tank take up the rest. There is no room for motorcycles etc.
Thanks NDT! So really there is no room for additional tool boxes or gear between the spare and the snorkel.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There could be enough room for a 2'x2'x14" deep box mounted up high above the air cleaner and hydraulic power unit. But you would have to remove it when (not if) your hpu needs service.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
There is a large space to the left of the battery box on most first gen trucks. It looks like wasted space. The A1 trucks have an angled rack of sort there and winch trucks have the hyd reservoir there. I can post pics if needed.
Will

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks