• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV - What's Behind Door Number 2? - Pic & Diagram Behind Heater

Overdrive

This is just an FYI post to show what it looks like behind the heater and what the major stuff is behind there. I took this in the middle of my Gen2 AC install so there are huge holes that I had to drill in the cab floor that won't be there on a stock truck.

Just in case you were wondering what's behind the heater...

LMTV_Behind_Heater_Diagram.jpg

This pic shows the 80mil soundproofing I added under the heater and against the front firewall. If you look closely in this 2nd pic you can see the top of the Charge Air box VERY close to the underside of the cab. Mayor pucker factor drilling out those holes that close to disaster.

AC_behind_heater_sound_proofing.jpg

Hope this helps somebody.
OD

Last edited:

lmtvjunky

Wow, so that's what it looks like behind thar! So what are you replacing the heater with, a refrigerator would be awsome if you can find a good fit *_* I've always wanted a fridge front and center!!!

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the preview. Looks like we are all trying to get them installed before the summer heat, as I just started the process. I have plenty of questions. I have a gen 1 AC evap unit and plan to use a humvee / universal kit for the rest of the components.
What are you guys doing for the rest of the components?
What condenser are you using?
Where are you mounting it?
How and where are you mounting the compressor?
Thanks for any advise that you would like to share.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the preview. Looks like we are all trying to get them installed before the summer heat, as I just started the process. I have plenty of questions. I have a gen 1 AC evap unit and plan to use a humvee / universal kit for the rest of the components.
What are you guys doing for the rest of the components?
What condenser are you using?
Where are you mounting it?
How and where are you mounting the compressor?
Thanks for any advise that you would like to share.
Here's the thread with most of the AC info: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?125132-LMTV-Air-Conditioner

Overdrive

I am going to do a write-up separate from the big AC thread specifically for the AC Compressor brackets. What may seem like a simple install involves two CRITICAL components that you have to unbolt, the left engine mount and the air pump/power steering pump combo.

You need to get longer metric bolts and for goodness sake CHECK YOUR ENGINE MOUNT BOLTS RIGHT NOW!!!! During the bracket install BOTH sets of engine mount bolts on my 97' LMTV were scary loose.

OD

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
During the bracket install BOTH sets of engine mount bolts on my 07' LMTV were scary loose.
'07 or '97? Just curious as that'd change from a 1078 to a 1078A1 (whole different set up). Looking forward to your write up. The wife gave me the green light to go for one so I'm extremely interested.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks