• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lone Star Drift - Youtuber with Humvee vs. Jeep

McSpeed

Is Lone Star Drift (You tube name) a member here????

I bumped into his Humvee video series and have been loving it.

Looks like he is learning as he goes - but most important is he is having a blast putting that truck through some serious off-road travel and keeping up with some high dollar rigs.

Here is one of them:

If you are a member here...I can't wait to see what if anything you do with the turbo that came with the truck.

Reactions: 98G

Awol

Cave man solid axles? Yeah ok.

Creditability just went out the window.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Driver needs to learn about BTM

Edit:
reading the comments, the driver apparently knows about it and uses it some, but says it isn't working much in the rear.

Last edited:

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Basically you apply the brakes a little bit, then use the throttle to overcome brake pressure. The friction from the brakes makes the torsion diffs lock up and act as a solid diff. If you are in high lock or low gear in the transfer case all 4 wheels should spin equal amounts.

If not for BTM I'd have had my truck stuck trying to drive over 6" rocks when one corner of the truck lifts into the air, so a very important skill if you do more than drive it on pavement.

TehTDK

Ah so that's what's its called :). Same trick sorta applies for modern AWD vehicles, or that you have to keep throttle on, for the ECM to discover that there is wheel slippage and vector torque/power accordingly

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks