• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a Wire Number

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know the wire number for the horn where it plugs into the light switch? I was half asleep last night when I was wiring my backup lights and tapped into 40 instead, which is the panel lights.
farm v.jpg

papakb

I've got LEDs as my backup lights and purposely wired them into the system so that I would have the ability to leave them off if I wanted to. I picked up the power for them from the connector for the legend lighting in the shifter. It's right there at the reverse light switch and meant I didn't need to run another wire into the cab.

DREDnot

When I added reverse lights, we got power from the panel bright circuit.

I use the visible panel lights as a visual check that my lights are on.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
I've got LEDs as my backup lights and purposely wired them into the system so that I would have the ability to leave them off if I wanted to. I picked up the power for them from the connector for the legend lighting in the shifter. It's right there at the reverse light switch and meant I didn't need to run another wire into the cab.
Not so sure that's a good spot to connect to. Issue at hand is that lamp lead (#40 x) has a "bright - dim - off" resistor in the lighting switch. Its resistance was selected to do the bright - dim based on a couple of panel incandescent bulbs used in the day. Later (hummwv) with LED in the shifter no big deal. You should notice that it doesn't (much) bright - dim. This is do to shifter LED's very low current draw, it's Internal current limit resistor and they are forward biased pretty good for lots of light. TMI

User placing heavier loads run the risk of toasting this birght - dim circuit, ending up with OFF only. Ohms law in effect here.

How often do you need a Bright / dim back-up light ?

If it work, OK DOKie, CAMO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks