• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for Exide 6TL 's or equivalent in Atlanta area

gasser

Hiya,

Looking for a set of Exide's 6TL or equivalent here in Atlanta area. Does anyone have a good source of these? If not, what about a battery that is somewhat similiar in size, to fit in the CUCV battery trays? Thanks!

-graham

jasonjc

RE: Looking for Exide 6TL

you can get inerstate U6TL's they are the same thing from any interstate dealer. The exide are military use only I have been told.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Graham, you have to weigh what you want. The weight of the 6TLs has been known to crack the inner fenders. If you're not going for a full on show vehicle, I'd get something lighter.

rmgill

Batteries plus sold me 6tls matching the price quoting the interstate shop up in kennesaw. that is $130 ea.

gasser

Re: RE: Looking for Exide 6TL

Recovry4x4 said:
Graham, you have to weigh what you want. The weight of the 6TLs has been known to crack the inner fenders. If you're not going for a full on show vehicle, I'd get something lighter.
It's for the M1009 I am selling. While it will nice to get to what came with the truck, I need to get it running and cleaned now so i can sell it. I think I just locate a similar sized battery with a crap-load of CCAs :wink:

-graham

ida34

RE: Re: RE: Looking for Exide 6TL

You can also reconfigure the battery trays to accept and hold properly, regular size type 24 or simillar batteries. you just have to move the studs around for the battery holders.

Blythewoodjoe

I can get "seconds" at the interstate store in Columbia, SC for between $25 and $35 each with exchange, depending on who is minding the counter. I have had a few go bad but for the money they have been well worth it. I might try the battery restorer Ronzo has talked about available at Sam's club on the next one that goes out. If I was driving anything other than my wife's new car to the show in Atlanta next week, I would offer to pick some up for you guys. I don't think I will be putting anything like that in the back of her car.

Joe Trapp

Jones

I've had great luck with the group 31 w/ 1,000 CCA. Same size as most light truck/automotive batteries with lots of cranking power for all the diesels I've ever owned.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks