• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for great repair tech M939A2 series, near Denver

ConflictColoado

Hello, everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew of an excellent tech in the Denver area for routine maintenance. I have an M931A2. It's in great condition, but it needs some basic maintenance done. I thought I found a great company, but they turned out to be awful.

Thanks!

PS. I've browsed this forum for quite a while. Great info and forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy, welcome.

What kind of maintenance?

Maybe you could try and knock out the maintenance needed. That way you get familiar with the truck, if you break while out and about, you have a good chance of getting it up and running yourself and not having to pay $400 for a heavy wrecker. Download the TMs and read a bit. They are really very easy to work on. If you get stumped, there are lots o people here willing to help and walk you through difficulties.

74M35A2

Assuming Colorado? My daughter has always wanted to see Colorado. What do you want done? Fly the two of us out there and back, pay for materials, and I'd do it for the low cost of the plane tickets.

Last edited:

ConflictColoado

Howdy, welcome.

What kind of maintenance?

Maybe you could try and knock out the maintenance needed. That way you get familiar with the truck, if you break while out and about, you have a good chance of getting it up and running yourself and not having to pay $400 for a heavy wrecker. Download the TMs and read a bit. They are really very easy to work on. If you get stumped, there are lots o people here willing to help and walk you through difficulties.
This truck runs like a champ. Really. I'm not experienced granted but from others that know them in general, they are all super impressed. Starts even in sub zero temps with barely touching the ignition.

Everything needed is mostly cosmetic, but I agree with you. Maybe I should give some of it a try. The "major" issues are an minor air leak in the brake system and one of the axle seals needs replaced as it is leaking. Other items are getting the winch to work properly. It never has worked. A couple gauges need replaced, a mirror. It's more having the time to do it than anything else.

And I would really like to get the rear bed sandblasted and rhino lined (or equivalent).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks