• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for transportation Tx to IL

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can towbar the CUCV for $1.05 per mile. That setup doesn't leave a way to transport the trailer.

I can load the CUCV in the bed of my m925 and tow the trailer. Looks like about $1.75 per mile.

Coordinating with your seller is no problem.

I'm off between contracts right now so this would give me something to do.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can towbar the CUCV for $1.05 per mile. That setup doesn't leave a way to transport the trailer.

I can load the CUCV in the bed of my m925 and tow the trailer. Looks like about $1.75 per mile.

ke5eua

If you are licensed for doubles just tow the trailer behind the cucv.

ke5eua

My understanding is that the laws vary state to state on that, and I suspect somewhere on my route it'd be prohibited.

You may very well know more than I do though. Feel free to enlighten me. Thanks
If it is a for hire type situation and you have a dot number, and mcc on your truck and you don't have the doubles endorsement I wouldn't do it. Especially if you do weigh stations.

Now if you wanted to tow your boat behind your 5th wheel, as long as you don't exceed a certain length (I don't know what it is) your good. But you will see a 20 foot boat behind a 39 foot 5th wheel and that is 70+ feet right there, more than us commercial is allowed to tow.

Now, you will see just this type thing all over the south, doesn't make it right. Just the other week I saw a truck towing a trailer with a car on the trailer and a truck with its front wheel on the rear of the trailer. Was it safe, not in a long shot, did the cops care, not a one that passed ever stop him and made him stop doing it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks