• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Loss of throttle response and power after hmmwv 6.2 warms up

hahn

I am stumped. When I start up and drive I have normal throttle response and power in my 998 with a 6.2. Once it reaches 140 and up, I lose power.
I have checked:
ok= engine temp guages and used laser temp gun=engine gets up to and runs at 145 (thermostat is stuck open and I have full time fan\ not a problem for me)
ok= air cleaner and filter
ok= fuel filter
fuel pump is not leaking in oil or leaking outside of pump
I dont know much about injector pumps but the 6.2 runs smooth and does not smoke at all cold or when acting up Any suggestions?

Augi

Sounds like the injection pump is worn out. When it warms up it leaks internally and won't build the proper pressure to pop off the injectors.

Try shooting it with cold water from a hose for a few minutes after it warms up and see if you get some power back for a short time.

Augi

hahn

thanks for info,,,will try
as long as the weather is mild here,,,or cold this winter,,,can put off replacing pump till spring

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks