• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1010 update...flex.

opened up the lower corners of the front fenders a bit,and took an inch of the back.i can now work the chasis a little more.
Something is limiting front travel,however.perhaps the front shocks are limited in up-travel due to the crappy factory mounts.the front spring rate is definitely too stiff.

Attachments

yah...

for sure i thought of that...several people (local hard core offroaders) sugested the very same...remove it!
Then several others(local "former" hard core offroaders...older and wiser) sugested that leaving it in place would forestall problems with death wobble.
So...tonight i'll experiment.bar is off,and saved for re-install if required,with a new set of urethane bushings waiting to see if theres trouble.
Am also going to aquire the parts for crossover steering.have the new steering box already.also aquired the range box of an np-203 and three np205's picked up for cheap.will install a doubler later this year,finances permitting.
cros-over steering should improve the handling quite a bit.

rizzo

Re: yah...

Ambulancechser said:
for sure i thought of that...several people (local hard core offroaders) sugested the very same...remove it!
Then several others(local "former" hard core offroaders...older and wiser) sugested that leaving it in place would forestall problems with death wobble.
So...tonight i'll experiment.bar is off,and saved for re-install if required,with a new set of urethane bushings waiting to see if theres trouble.
Am also going to aquire the parts for crossover steering.have the new steering box already.also aquired the range box of an np-203 and three np205's picked up for cheap.will install a doubler later this year,finances permitting.
cros-over steering should improve the handling quite a bit.
\

buy some disconnects so that you can hook the sway bar back up on the road.

mangus580

RE: Re: yah...

I drove my 1009 for over a year, and didnt even know it was missing! until I put the lift in, and wondered hmmmmm what goes here? ;-)

Honestly, i didnt notice much when I put it in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks