• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 1028 loosing power.

beltfedonly

Starts and idles fine, starts loosing power around 45 miles an hour. Just started doing this. I figured it may be the fuel filter so I changed it, could not get fuel up to the fuel filter. I replaced the lift pump and instantly got fuel to the filter. Trucks starts and idles fine but feels like it is running out of fuel at road speed. I have read most of the post about similar issues but thought someone may chime in with a suggestion.
Beltfed

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bad IP.

beltfedonly

Cleaned the check valve in the IP, wasn't really dirty. Figured is must be the IP, so was reading up on how to change it. This morning just on a whim I pulled the rubber hose of the inlet side of the lift pump and blew air through it at about 7 pounds, could hear the fuel in the tank gurgle, truck now runs fine. Temporary fix but now I know it is not the IP! Will drop the fuel tank when I get a chance. Hope this helps someone else that may be having a similar problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks