• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1078 Trailer Supply Air Valve

coachgeo

If you've not done so already; there is a good number of threads on Supply Air Valve topic. Search via google advance (search feature in here sucks)

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Searching is good.......but.......there are layers of knowledge on newer surplus, like FMTVs. Looking at threads from 3 or four years ago will give misleading or blatantly wrong information. Over the years the 'opinions' change and the answers become more correct. Getting an updated, knowledgeable answer, even a few words, from the 'old timers' can really help solve a problem. I get frustrated when a question is answered by "did you search", time after time until the OP slinks quietly away in shame.

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you Tennmogger. Its easy to simply dismiss posts by saying, "Go do a search", like I haven't done that already? At this point, I'll simply pull the offending valve and head to the parts house for a replacement. In my 'searching' process, I have found no useful information on the web or this site. If I have time,
I'll post up what I have found in the hope that the next person may have some newer useful information to use.

So far, my best resource has been a retired friend who was a mechanic for the CDF, and later Orange County (CA) Fire Authority and worked on large trucks with similar air brake systems.

Lmtv772

Banned
Searching is good.......but.......there are layers of knowledge on newer surplus, like FMTVs. Looking at threads from 3 or four years ago will give misleading or blatantly wrong information. Over the years the 'opinions' change and the answers become more correct. Getting an updated, knowledgeable answer, even a few words, from the 'old timers' can really help solve a problem. I get frustrated when a question is answered by "did you search", time after time until the OP slinks quietly away in shame.
That is exactly the reason I get annoyed when I read about how I should waste my time on 'debating' on wrong, illogical and false information. The FMTV forum has changed and people, like myself who know these trucks are discouraged to say anything in a thread filled with false 'opinions'. I for my part feel not wanting to input anymore after having to read through piles of newcomer opinions and irrelevant jokes.

Last edited:

Lmtv772

Banned
Thank you Tennmogger. Its easy to simply dismiss posts by saying, "Go do a search", like I haven't done that already? At this point, I'll simply pull the offending valve and head to the parts house for a replacement. In my 'searching' process, I have found no useful information on the web or this site. If I have time,
I'll post up what I have found in the hope that the next person may have some newer useful information to use.

So far, my best resource has been a retired friend who was a mechanic for the CDF, and later Orange County (CA) Fire Authority and worked on large trucks with similar air brake systems.
I'm sorry Pointman, I'll read through your post again and see what I can do to help you.
I PM'ed you

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I have one on the dash panel that leaking... :evil:

Looks to be a Haldex #20025

Anyone ever replace one, and am I on the right track?

Pointman

Haldex number is KN20025 can be gotten from most places. TruckPro/Meritor Number is R955288239

coachgeo

.... "Go do a search", like I haven't done that already? .....
Geez you guys get testy easy. How funny.

Pointman. Understand your points.. (pardon the pun) tis why mentioned right from the start.. "if you've not done so already" Besides only suggested search cause this has been a VERY recent topic with discussion on valves being found only one or two pages back. BTW...... searched first as well before responding the first time; which showed you'ld only participated five times in a year and half since registering. Looked like you might be a bit of a newby on bulletin board use; otherwise, would not have mentioned searching first. That and was running out the door or 'Ide of thrown a link or two your way myself. Sorry about that.

Tennmogger your spot on about old info might mislead. To help avoid, when one searches... take advantage of Advance search features, where one can have results listed various ways such as in date order. What tends to work best is to search only within the last year.

simple solutions, no need to get the hackles up.

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My UPS guy brought a little box of joy yesterday. So now I will pull the panel and replace the leaky valve.
If anyone is interested in step-by-step photos, just let me know. Should be fairly easy. . Well, at least easier that the upcoming Fan Clutch replacement..:clinto:

Pointman

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks