• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-1082 / S-280 Build: M-1082 Requires EUC??

Phoenix77

I consider my S-250 / M-1102 build a success; so much so we bought a civilian camper and I'm selling my labor of love... :rolleyes:

On to the next [dubious] project: M-1082 (LMTV Trailer) and S-280 Electrical Shelter.

I won the shelter from Albany, GA for stupid cheap: perfect condition (as best I could tell) and won it for $650 (🤯). I got a good deal (at the time, based on current, local demand in Fayetteville) on my S-250, and that cost me $925. Neither of these prices reflect the added total valuation fees, taxes etc.

At $650, it was "obvious" I had to purchase it. Granted, it was less obvious to my wife, but such are these things I guess...

Since I just purchased a 1995 Stewart & Stevenson M-1078 LMTV, it seemed like an essential accessory to play with while twiddling my thumbs for EUC approval. As one (1) thing tends to lead to three (3) others (at a minimum) in the MV "hobby", I realized I didn't want to monopolize the bed of my new toy with a large box since I lack capability to place and remove the S-280 at will.

Enter the M-1082... Suddenly Fayetteville has M-1082s for auction and I could tell the universe was giving me a sign, so I will be bidding on one.

GovPlanet says the M-1082 requires an EUC(?!). I have bought an M-105a2 and M-1102 with nary a whiff of an EUC, so why does the M-1082 require one? 🤔

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Some do. Some don't. Just like some LMTVs don't have one. Just certain ones have a different demil code

@fuzzytoaster has a few for sale that could hitch a ride to that area cheap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks