• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M-939 Or HMMWV Seats In M-1009?

NMC_EXP

Has anyone retrofitted an M-1009 with the driver's seat from the M-939 (part number 2540015329633)? Is it an air ride unit?

Same for HMMWV seats (part number 57K0290).

Looking for something which would not require fabricating a base.

Regards

Jim

natemccabe

I was gonna say, HMMWV seats that I remember were horrible. The TC seat was just a pad of foam on top of the battery box, and the driver's seat was one step up from a lawn chair.

NMC_EXP

Good to know about the HMMWV seats. The M-939 seats on the market look like they out to be comfortable. Never know until you're in one for a few hours.

Thanks guys.

Jim

NMC_EXP

The new style HMMWV seats aren't bad, the biggest plus I could see is getting rid of the gangsta lean.

The "gangsta lean" is the main thing I do not like about the original seats.

There are trainloads of surplus NOS HMMWV seats being sold on GL. Are these the new style?

Regards

Jim

jw4x4

my 932A1 came with a springer base. I removed the spring and replaced it with an air bag. The original seat bottom and back were untolerable so they got replaced with a HMMWV seat and I think it is very comfortable now.

Red_506

I'm not sure of the nsn for the new seats; I have seen them on the devil (egay) though. I would assume that you would need to fab up new mounts to adapt them to the CUCV.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks