• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M100 trailers, Military topper?

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just bought these M-100's with toppers. One topper looks commercial, but has anyone seen a cover like this on a military trailer before? Searching does not find anything even similar. The trailer is a Dunbar Kapple dated 3/52.

Also got another Dunbar Kapple made 4/52 (obvious handmade topper that will come off), and a "M100 type" as yet not identified or picked up (the only picture was with it still "in the weeds", as you see. There is no flare on the top of the bed so it's not an M-100 but it does have same axle as M-100, and a pintle ring hitch.

thanks

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool trailers! [thumbzup]
I have seen something similar on M416s, there is a thread on here somewhere with some pictures.

Cheers

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sam Werner, now passed on, of Tracy City TN told me those were made by the TVA so the trailers could be used for tools.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NDT, as you predicted, here is what we found after pressure-washing off much of the last coat of white paint.

001.jpg

Which turned into this with a little chalk:

029.jpg

And these:

022.jpg023.jpg024.jpg

tell us this was a CARPENTER trailer for TVA.

026.jpg

The trailers are rough will be ok with application of a lot of TLC!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks