• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 Glow plug controller connector repair parts... Help

dconn22

Hi all, I have to replace the wires going from the temp sensor to the GP card connector [yellow & black] and have had no luck finding any info on new parts IE the individual connectors the wires are crimped to. I scanned the 20p & 34p using several search words and came up empty. Have not given up searching but thought I'd reach out to the knowledge base here for help. Thanks

cucvrus

Which sensor? And how about some pictures. I have a few scrap CUCV's and CUCV wiring harnesses. Maybe I can cut you a section that you can splice in to correct your issues. Just a thought. Good Luck. Be Safe and let me know.

dconn22

Which sensor? And how about some pictures. I have a few scrap CUCV's and CUCV wiring harnesses. Maybe I can cut you a section that you can splice in to correct your issues. Just a thought. Good Luck. Be Safe and let me know.
Thanks, if I can't find new terminals I can splice new wire in with butt connectors. Was hoping the individual metal connectors (that the controller board plugs into) are available (new).

cucvrus

That box that the circuit board plugs into is an entire little separate harness of it's own. Do you need that harness? Not new but definitely useable.

dconn22

That box that the circuit board plugs into is an entire little separate harness of it's own. Do you need that harness? Not new but definitely useable.
That's the one I'm talking about. Was just hoping I could just replace the individual terminals that the wire is crimped to. I will be stripping off the electrical tape to expose the wires this evening in I'll see if I have an extractor to remove the terminal so I can post a picture of it.

MarcusOReallyus

AntennaClimber has a business making replacement controller cards. He might know where you can find the connectors you are looking for.

Bryan2500

What does the Glow plug controller card control on a 1986 m1009 ? How do I check it ,and can anyone help me with this as well my 1st battery keeps dying out rebuilt the alternator and dont know if I'm sapose to have any wires that go from alternator 1 to the 1st battery or just the block

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks