• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 glow plug not working right ..?

irishvin

Ok bought m1008 the guy took the 24 volt resistors out and jump by the looks of it then he installed a push button gp .. now im just confused bc the push button attached to the light blue wire off the gp module and then grounded to the body ... I dont see how this working if at all... last 2 days had to use stater fuild to get running starting to get cold im lost at the moment. 20131023_154448_Old Post Rd.jpg heres a pic I think

thank guys

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is how the GP relay works.

The small pink wire is 12v hot when the key is on. The GP controller card makes the ground connection when needed via the light blue wire. The manual push button is doing the same thing.

There is a great video that explains the GP system in the CUCV stickies.

Also the TM 9-2320-289-20 tech manual has a step by step procedure to test the GP system.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks