• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 glow plugs don’t stay on

Kool-Aid Kid

Glow plugs only power up for a split second. I have installed a new controller card and relay turn the key on and you can hear the relay cycling but it will only power up the glow plugs for a split second at a time any help would be appreciated

richingalveston

the temp sending unit to the glow plug card is probably bad. your card may be working properly but if the temp sending unit (which I believe is in the back of the passenger side head) is bad, the glow plug card thinks your engine is already warm.
check the sending unit. I think there is a method for testing this sensor in the TM's but do not know for sure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks