• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 hub diameter

dirtyfingernails

Anybody know the exact diameter of the hub on an M1008? I need to know the diameter where the wheel mounts. In other words, what is the center wheel hole diameter? Are the front (dana 60) and rear (14 bolt) the same? Lastly, is the HMMWV wheel hole diameter the same?

Croatan_Kid

I believe it's right at 4.25". Pretty sure the Dana 60 hub is bigger than the 14 bolt hub.

Not sure of the diameter of the H1 rims, but they fight just fine.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
4 9/16" for the hubs (F & R), 4 5/8" on the M1008 wheel centers.

(BTW, by measuring this I just found out that M1008 wheels won't fit on the M880 rear #60 hub, which is 4 3/4"!:x)

G.

nhdiesel

Pretty much any GM 8-lug wheel will fit pretty much any GM 8-lug axle. The problem comes when you try swapping a GM wheel to something else. Dodge and Ford use larger hub diameters. I have some 19.5" dually wheels from a box truck I wanted to put on my Ram, but I would have had to enlarge the center hole. Now that the Ram is retired, I'll just save the wheels.

You also have to watch out for the newer Ford (late 90's+) axles- they changed to an oddball metric pattern that doesn't fit anything else. They are close, but not close enough to be safe (if you could even get the wheel over the lugs). Newer Fords are also hub-centric, meaning that they use the hub itself to center the wheel, so the wheels must be a very close fit. GM and Dodge use tapered lug nuts to do the actual centering of the wheel, while many Ford lug nuts just have a flat washer built in. The exception are duallys, which all use the hub.

Jim

Chaski

I know this thread is older than dirt, but I did some measuring today.

The hub where the wheel mounts is right at 4 19/32" minus a few thousandths.

The HMMWV wheels I had around varied quite a bit, with the 24 bolt wheels being right at 4.800" ish... pilot hole.

I'm going to go with some spacers that have a 4 19/32" hub centric bore to go on the 60/14 bolt and a pilot ring on the outside that is 4 51/64 for the HMMWV wheels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks