• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 lift numbers?

Ok, After days of searching no one has posted a kit number and brand for a 4 inch lift on a m1008. everyone has a favorite brand and height but what are the part#s. It is getting harder and harder to find straight axle kits.
I have read people using narrower leaves and spacers on front leaves but would like to correct leaves and parts for a painless lift! HA HA ! Please let me hear everyones input on this while I have the money! THANKS Tim

It may be tough getting a definitive part number for a lift "kit". Companies lump the parts together on a website page in a group but when ordering, all of the components have individual part numbers that need to be ordered individually. Different folks go to different lengths when lifting a vehicle to the same height. You can go basic and reuse your springs with blocks or shackle flips or replace the springs if you have a higher budget. You can include nice things like greasable bushings, sway bar disconnects, zero rates and steering upgrades or stick with the basics and upgrade later. Many people mix and match from different companies too once they are stung by someone's poor customer service or substandard parts.

Ok, After days of searching no one has posted a kit number and brand for a 4 inch lift on a m1008. everyone has a favorite brand and height but what are the part#s. It is getting harder and harder to find straight axle kits.
I have read people using narrower leaves and spacers on front leaves but would like to correct leaves and parts for a painless lift! HA HA ! Please let me hear everyones input on this while I have the money! THANKS Tim
check out rough country. they have decent lifts for the $. I used a 2 inch kit for my 1009 and a 4 inch for my 1028 and was very satisfied with the results. for a 4 inch lift it's $349 (Part #: 145S / 150S [blocks]) with blocks for the rear and $499 (• Part #: 256S / 255H [56" springs]) for the kit with rear springs. both include the shocks and all hardware needed. Chevy / GMC Suspension Lift

Last edited:
BLUE2ACTUAL, Is the rough country kit 145s/150s for the dana 60 or did you buy new u bolts?
I went back and looked at my paperwork and I definitely sent the wrong link. The actual kit you would need for a 1 ton is Chevy/GMC 1-Ton 6" Suspension Lift I'm sorry I'm so scattered brained. I'd loose my head if it weren't attached to my neck. Hope this helps. You can call the guys at rough country and piece a kit together. They had great customer service when I called them a couple of times.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks