M1008 pintle hitch

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking for complete CUCV pintle, reinforcing L bracket, hardware. Will consider what you have.
1008a1

Thanks

Last edited:

rmesgt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw a pintle hitch at an Army/Navy Surplus store called "The Bunker" in Wyandotte, OK. I don't know what it fits, but if you call the owner, he will probably be able to tell you. Try calling 918-666-3411

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Steel Soldiers Supporter
cucvrus I am needing it for my 1008a1. PM me with information when you have the time.

Looks like someone needs one for a k5 or 1009, Bryan2500.

cucvrus

I have them either way. All the way up to the complete rear bumper. I guess I need a parts break down of what you need. Just the hook and nut? I missed the M1008a1 on your first post. And K5 added to the confusion. But what ever I have it. Are you rushed for this? Current situation changes daily as to who is open.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No rush, I am not sure anyone is shipping now anyway.

I need the L bracket that bolts to the vertical and horizontal center section of the bumper, complete pintle assembly.

cucvrus

You need the plate that goes on and bolts to the step. I will look. I would not want to sell one unless it is loose. I have complete assemblies. I may have parts. Let me look. Now that I know what you are talking about. Is that all you need?

cucvrus

Off to the car crusher right now. Nothing is sacred. The crusher has no favorites. To it all are scrap. I feel the same way. Unless I need parts off of it. Then. Maybe. Be Safe. Working outside is one place to be safe. Working in general, physical labor is a great social distancing practice. No one comes around when work needs done and you are the one doing it. Trust me on that one. I will check your parts when time allows. Thank you.

cucvrus

I have the braces right and left and a pintle hook that was removed with the L bracket. $60. for all you pay shipping. I have 2 complete rear M1028 bumpers with all brackets and hitch also. Let me know what you need. I want to sell the bumpers as complete with all attaching parts. If the works send me a PM and we will exchange information. Thank you.

cucvrus

OK CUCVMULE here are the pictures of the parts. I did notice the flange has holes drilled in it. I think that is why I removed it from a truck I was restoring. But it is fully functional and could have the holes welded shut and ground smooth and all would be like new. Let me know if this suits you. I will get to the ship box some day soon. Things are getting tighter as this virus continues. Take Care and Be Safe. I will get the shipping quote right out to you. DSCF7136.JPGDSCF7137.JPG

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks great, and Thanks for the pictures. That is one more of the few things that I am missing. No rush, but I would like to get the funds to you.

The next project may be the bows and rail iron on the bed cover. Hopefully the parts are still out there to acquire.

My CUCV was a radio truck with the rack, shelving in the forward end of the bed also. Now that maybe a stretch to find that.

Thanks for the time to locate the things that you saved. After all not only the time now but the time to save in the first place.

Stay active, Be safe,
Robert

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks