• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 surging at idle

Dillard88

I’ve owned my truck for about 5 years now. Previous owner removed the glass ball check valve in the ip. I installed a check valve(universal, not oe type) in the return line. Truck has been great except for the surging at idle and very mild smoke on the right bank. I’ve been running it this way for the past five years and roughly 5,000 miles. Is there issue in doing this long term?

Barrman

No damage. Just realize your IP is a ticking time bomb.

I had one with almost the same issues. I did an IP rebuild and all is better for 11 years now.

Dillard88

No damage. Just realize your IP is a ticking time bomb.

I had one with almost the same issues. I did an IP rebuild and all is better for 11 years now.
dang!
you think there was debris from ip in system and that’s why the previous owner knocked the check valve out? Do I understand that correctly?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks