• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1008 tranny prob--rebuilds cheap?

dirtyfingernails

Got a lead on an M1008. Tranny is blown though. Would this be something I can have rebuilt by a shop reasonably or perhaps buy a rebuilt one from a parts store? I'm new to the CUCV. Just trying to figure out how much it would cost to be replaced.

dependable

The TH400 is a common tranny, you should be able to get a price for rebuilt or to rebuild from local stores, shops. Would recommend replace torque converter as well, with one speced for diesel motor.

I know the one you are wanting to get. That truck has a brand new trans in it. and the bad one is setting on the back along with the transfer case. Its missing the front drive shaft and most of the bolts and nuts from the transfer case. I looked at it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks