• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 6.2 Engine rattle

blitzengine

I am having a difficult time locating the source to a metalic rattleing noise coming from the engine in my M1009. It sounds like it is coming from the front of the engine, even worse when the engine is hot. Has anyone ever experince this on their 6.2's? Cheers

blitzengine

When I first bought the truck, one of the first of many PROBLEMS :-D with the truck was the left hand bolt that holds the pump to the bracket was dragging on the pulley. Thanks for the input Mike.

ctmustang

24 years working in the auto repair business and I just went through the same search for the rattling noise-turned out to be the fan clutch. It had no play what so ever. I guess it had finally dried out. I hope yours is this simple.
CT

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks