• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 CUCV Civvy Radio

hunderliggur

Just ordered a civilian radio for my new to me M1009. I ordered the Jensen JMS2212 which can flat mount the control head to the radio mount on the dash. Radio/amplifier under the passenger seat (along with my 24V/600W inverter) I can add the output of my amateur radio to the aux input so I can hear it over the noise. Speakers will be mounted to the side pillars. Should be here in a week, will take pics. It also handles iPhone, iPad, USB, and has weather radio.

Attachments

Rich Johnson

Cool! That is an updated version of the one I installed in my truck. There is a link to it on my page below. To mount the face plate, find the dash board radio controll box bracket. I have pics on my page of that too. Makes it real nice for the stereo and the ham radio.

I never thought of runing my speaker output from my ham radio into the stereo. I run my mp3 player into the aux input but I suppose I could try that. I have my ham radio run into an LS-454 military speaker that is sitting on the tranny hump forward of the 4x shifter.

hunderliggur

$215 for the radio, $26.58 for the aux USB/3.5 input Jack, and $26.98 for an antenna and a pair of 200W speakers (which will be tan painted and mounted on the rear of the door pillars). I usually run Ham radio OR commercial, not both at the same time so I think the aux input will work better for me. Since it will be on an accessible jack I can switch to my iPhone if I want (to use iHeart radio for example).

hunderliggur

Cool! That is an updated version of the one I installed in my truck. There is a link to it on my page below.
That's where I got the idea - sorry for not giving you credit (it is hard to remember where you see all these good ideas). The ham radio is a FT-897 and it nestles easily next to the drivers seat. I have a center console added so the radio fits well and I have a place for the aux jack. I'll add pics when I do the install of the Jensen radio. Ordered from Amazon BTW.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks