• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 gets a snorkel

kassim503

So have you ever been sitting around and said to yourself, my army truck would really like a snorkel? Mabye its just me :-o

I wanted to have a snorkel that ran straight up through the hood, not wrapped around the side (never particular to the look).

Mabye ill do a writeup on how it was done later.

By the way it does not obstruct the drivers view at all. Or not very much at the maximum.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe an M35A2 intake mushroom would work. I never tried putting one on a piece of sewer pipe though!

btw, maybe you need to lay off the shrooms....

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can hear you now, "my cucv won't run right, I have crap in my intake"!

response, " was that new or used sewer pipe?"

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could add a 90 elbow to that, facing forward and call it "ram air"

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Gilligan did this to his daily driver last year.

Attachments

saddamsnightmare

MArch 3rd, 2010.

Definitely different, no doubt about it, but what about the exhaust? I can't say that the intake stacks on the HMMWV's ever did much for me aesthetically speaking, but then I drive an M35A2 with a short air intake stack and a Swiss S404.114 Unimog with a zyclone on the air intake, so don't ask me for aesthetic advice. If it suits you, and its reversible, guess what..... it's YOUR truck.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:twisted:

AndrewH

And now, from out of nowhere, a good idea. Now that you have the intake watertight and stout. How many electric blowers would it take to have a selectable turbo? With a huge red button to smack when your just about to get caught and need the extra HP? OOOOOOO I like the idea. oh and a deuce shroom would look cool up there. I might steal your idea. :razz: Andrewh

kassim503

Electric blower ? Nah! I might duct tape a backpack blower to the roof ;) So far I havnt lost any tears over cutting the hood up, it had enough dents in it to actually have a lake in it. Has anybody used a Donaldson pre-filter with any success? The kinds that uses centrifugal force to spin dirt out?

AndrewH

Hoods are plentiful. I'm diggin' the backpack leaf blower idea. How cool would a gas powered remote turbo be? Still a big fan or the big red button tho. Gotta find a use for that.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
popacom in KY here ..................We love"red Necks " here inKY toooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
Lord knows we got our share here LOL:roll:

popacom /Bill:jumpin:

dstang97

I'll pass on the write up. Let me know when You want to buy a hood and cowl because you just ruined a collectors piece.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks