• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 glow plug problem. ..need help

irishvin

My m1009 glow plug light wont come on unless I trun the key almost to were the starter kicks in ...this started happening after I replaced the gp relay.... idk what I did wrong I put all the wires back the way they came just need sum help thanks

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you adjusted the ignition switch on top of the steering column?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From you description, the switch is out of adjustment. The TM has a step-by-step. TM 9-2320-289-34, Chapter 4-13

Sounds like it was just a coindidence that it happened when the relay was replaced.

Just for grins, post a pic of the new relay and the wires.

cpf240

Replacing the GP relay shouldn't be related to the position of the ignition switch.

Do the other lights, GEN, Oil, Seat Belt, etc, come on before the Wait light when turning the ignition switch? If they all come on at about the same position in the rotation of the ignition switch cylinder, then I'd suspect an adjustment of the ignition switches or replacement may be in order. The ignition cylinder is really just driving a rod that moves the actual switch that is lower on the column.

Might want to study the wiring diagram to see if the GP system gets activated from a different portion of the ignition switch then the rest of the idiot lights, etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks