• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Part number Help--

vinny-socom1

tried to do a search but did not have any luck..

Anybody have the t/c tail shaft seal part number? pulled the one out of the TM's but napa guy looked at me like I was crazy??

Figured I would post up and go back with something he might understand.

Thanks

Vinny

Here are the part numbers I used when I rebuilt my m1009. This is the output shaft seal.

TIMKEN Part # 5208 , That is the seal with a replacement bushing, 99% of the time the seal goes because the shaft bushing is worn. Or the seal by itself SKF Part # 18992.

Napa can cross these numbers, unlike military ones. aua

I have rebuilt over a dozen of these over the years, its always best to replace all the seals and check for play, it indicates bushing wear, it its worn, it will just rip up the seals again.

vinny-socom1

thanks for the info..it looks like I jumped the gun. It appears that I wrote down the wrong number and this is how I got the crazy look from the napa guy started. After a little research and help from SS I have found my way to the right number and now the right part.

I had a couple of drops of fluid in the driveway so I think the seal only will do the job..I hope...

If the mods want to close this thread it is ok with me...Thanks Again!!

Vinny

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks