• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Resto Almost Complete

Armada

It's been a few months but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm currently putting the interior back together. I'll post pics of that when it's complete and more of the exterior, if anyone is interested. This is the only 'after' exterior shot I have at the moment.

BTW, I still need one rear black out light if anyone has a nos part they don't need.
Thanks.

Go here for some past pics. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5842

Attachments

Armada

What color is that?
Inside and out painted with Gillespie paint, 24087 semi luster, Vietnam era. I used hardener with the paint and it made a huge difference in the end result. It should help with repairability too. Slightly more luster but definately not glossy.

CUCV IRL

Nice one Armada! Your M1009 is looking really great. The work you are doing is very impressive. Best of luck with your resto. Can't wait to see the finished job which I'm sure will look the business! 8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks