• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Tail Gate rear fender issue

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi All the right side of my tail gate is about 1/4 inch from the hole in the body when you close the tail gate. Causing the rear window to not roll up the last inch. I tried a crank strap to pull then end of the truck in and broke the strap. Any idea on how to get the right rear body to move a 1/4 inch to the left?

cucvrus

On the tailgate there are 2 heavy steel guides built into the tailgate jamb. Using a large adjustable wrench bend the heavy metal guides in the direction you need to move the gate as it closes. The design keeps the gate aligned and guides it back into alignment with the body each time you open and close the gate. I apply grease to the edge and slot in the body if needed. You can also loosen the hinge bolts on the gate side and body side to make body to gate adjustments. Sometimes I have had to make shims from flat steel to get a sagging gate back into alignment. Good Luck. I hope that this is helpful information. That M1009 rear gate is a load of fun getting everything aligned and 100% operational. Getting everything cleaned and greased after you have everything aligned is key to ease of operation and long life. I fixed some real puss cases in my life. Check out this gate I overhauled on Terminus M1009. Terminus M1009 | Page 3 | SteelSoldiers Also a nice tread to read when working on a tight budget when the vehicle you have is in very rough shape and you need to fix it without breaking the bank.

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm trying to find the molding for the top of the rear window and the slide rails and top for both door windows. Haven't been able to find any yet

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks