• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Tailgate Window Question

zyrtecx

What Components inside the tailgate that controls the windows cranking up and down usually breaks or go bad, that would cause the tailgate glass not to go up or down? The crank just turns and nothing happens... The regulators in the door had been working ok!
Is the Cam broken?

Tnrobocop

Sounds like you need a new window crank. It has tabs that engages the bowtie looking piece on the regulator.

Best thing to do is take the access panel off the tailgate and then try to operate the window.

I had to replace the crank and the regulator on mine. The crank was missing and the regulators gear were shot.

ida34

I hate to get real simple on this but is the crank unlocked? If it is locked then it will spin free. The lock allows it to engage with the mechanism to raise or lower.

HardCorps79

I hate to get real simple on this but is the crank unlocked? If it is locked then it will spin free. The lock allows it to engage with the mechanism to raise or lower.
I wasn't gonna say anything... :roll:
(Kind of like the "I don't have lights...Oh, my toggle switch is off" issue).

Pawnshop

I bet it's the potmetal "link" betwixt the crank and the mechanism inside that is designed to explode if the window binds (preventing greater damage), LMC sells them.

pbrstreetgang

Tailgate Window Jamming

I am having a similar problem with my glass. I just installed a replacement window last night and everything works fine, but 1 / 3 times rolling the window up, the window frame along the bottom, catches on a piece in the middle of the tailgate near the crank. I kept my access panel off to watch this happen and it is easily corrected if i reach in and pull it out a little, but then it happens again.

Any thoughts?

CUCV85

I had to replace the crank regulator, then I put a new lock cylinder in there, the pieces I got from a chevy dealer: spring, cam actuator - small foot looking thing. :idea:Remember if you have valuables in there get a lock in that crank and use it. My cousins tailgate was catching on the way down, the tailgate was sagged in the middle so we took off the inside plate and carefully bent it up about an inch - oiled all the gears and wala.

3dubs

Mine did the same thing. The handle part broke inside. Buy the complete handle. There is a small sping that pushes a small metal piece that engages when unlocked. With shipping it is easier to buy the whole thing and swap the lock cylinder so you only need one key. LMC carries it.

jsuandrew

My back glass window crank on my M1009 doesn't have a lock. Does anyone know where I can get a window crank that locks? And possibly a set of door locks to match?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks