M1009 wanted

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

faststandard

I'm new to Steel Soldiers but have been lurking for a while. I have got the bug to get a M1009. I found one local that is solid but ratted out on the inside and the asking price is too high. Does anybody have a nice low mileage unit that they would be willing to part with?

D6T

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Honestly, speaking as someone who has BTDT, with relatively low mechanical skill...if the vehicle meets your bare minimum requirements (runs and drives, straight body, etc), consider making an offer on it as a project. Don’t be discouraged just because some aspect of it is ratty.

I’m glad I didn’t buy a perfect M1009 as it would have cost me a fortune to pay others to fix it. I’ve done all except the most complex mechanical work. In the process I gained confidence in my abilities and learned a ton about the M1009. These vehicles aren’t getting any younger and the more work you can do yourself, the better off you will be in the long run. Unless you possess solid mechanical skills, the only way to learn is by doing.

faststandard

Thanks for the reply and for the insight. I have got the skills and tools to take on a project - my oldest son and I are going to work on it together. The truck itself is very clean (originally from Arizona National Guard) with no rust and is pretty straight (minus a few dents) although it was painted an incorrect color. Like I said, the interior needs some work - the dash and door panel are from an older civilian truck and they are not correct and do not fit correctly. The good news is that the starter, injection pump, injectors, and glow plugs are all new NOS parts and the truck runs/drives good. The other bad is that the guy is asking $6000.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the reply and for the insight. I have got the skills and tools to take on a project - my oldest son and I are going to work on it together. The truck itself is very clean (originally from Arizona National Guard) with no rust and is pretty straight (minus a few dents) although it was painted an incorrect color. Like I said, the interior needs some work - the dash and door panel are from an older civilian truck and they are not correct and do not fit correctly. The good news is that the starter, injection pump, injectors, and glow plugs are all new NOS parts and the truck runs/drives good. The other bad is that the guy is asking $6000.
That sounds like SS member Bob H blazer .

frank8003

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the reply and for the insight. I have got the skills and tools to take on a project - my oldest son and I are going to work on it together. ~ good news is that the starter, injection pump, injectors, and glow plugs are all new NOS parts and the truck runs/drives good. The other bad is that the guy is asking $6000.
Seller wants some of his money back for all that work + parts, and seller is just "asking"

faststandard

Completely understand - I would too if I were the seller. I am just trying to gauge the cost of further improvements against the purchase price.

dougco1

For a rust free M1009 from the dry state of Arizona with those new parts as mentioned, 6K sounds like a deal. As long as the engine is strong and tranny works as it should. Anyhow, it sounds as if it just needs cosmetics. You can't find those in that condition on the East coast rust belt areas.

faststandard

Thanks for the reply. That is the feedback that I was hoping to get. You simply cannot find information on the net for these regarding value/price.

dhearn7578

I have a 1984 M1009 for sale. I am asking $6500.00 OBO for it. I am located in Greeley Co. Here are the details [FONT=&quot]1984 Chevy K5 Blazer. M1009 CUCV .It is in good shape for the year. It has a 2.5 inch lift with 33" Goodyear Mud terrain tires. Matching spare. Custom front bumper with 24 Volt winch. Receiver hitch.The things that I have replaced. Compete exhaust. Front brake rotors, calipers, pads. Master cylinder.Rear brake drums, shoes, wheel cylinders. Parking brake cables. All the door, tailgate and top seals. Both door and tailgate window regulators. New floor liner and dash. Locking Tuffy console with stereo. 6X9 speakers and boxes. New fuel injectors,New glow plugs. New belts and hoses. New hydroboost. Rebuilt alternators. New steering gear box. Gear box frame stabilizer bracket. New oil cooler hoses. New power steering hoses. New Changed all fluids. Replaced all the lights. I also have the kit to change the rear brakes to disc brakes[/FONT]

krazyk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wish I would have seen your post. I had two. The last one I just sold for $2000, ran and drove great. All stock from base but missing tailgate and had cab rust at top of cab.

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 1984 M1009 for sale. I am asking $6500.00 OBO for it. I am located in Greeley Co. Here are the details 1984 Chevy K5 Blazer. M1009 CUCV .It is in good shape for the year. It has a 2.5 inch lift with 33" Goodyear Mud terrain tires. Matching spare. Custom front bumper with 24 Volt winch. Receiver hitch.The things that I have replaced. Compete exhaust. Front brake rotors, calipers, pads. Master cylinder.Rear brake drums, shoes, wheel cylinders. Parking brake cables. All the door, tailgate and top seals. Both door and tailgate window regulators. New floor liner and dash. Locking Tuffy console with stereo. 6X9 speakers and boxes. New fuel injectors,New glow plugs. New belts and hoses. New hydroboost. Rebuilt alternators. New steering gear box. Gear box frame stabilizer bracket. New oil cooler hoses. New power steering hoses. New Changed all fluids. Replaced all the lights. I also have the kit to change the rear brakes to disc brakes
Are you going to post it in the Classifieds here?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks