• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Window Defogging

D6T

Any solutions besides installing an air conditioner?

With temperature swings and humidity changes lately, every window behind me has been fogging up almost constantly. Nothing seems to help, I tried opening the windows slightly and opening the little vent window.

Outdoor temps have been around 30F with humidity roughly from 10 to 40 percent.

My wife said maybe Rain-X Anti Fog stuff on the windows....but is that a gimmick or might it work?

Drock

I haven't used it in years, but I seem to remember that rain-X stuff working pretty good? You can also wax the outside of the widows as well.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Rain-X antifog works.

There are also a few aviation products that work even better.
Can’t remember them all.
Prist aviation window cleaner spray also has the anti fog additives and it’s what I use.
Expensive but well worth it.
Luckily I don’t have to pay for it.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the windows are fogging with that low humidity then you may have leaky window seals. I've found the best way to defog the side windows is with the vent windows slightly open.

My M1009 has the sliding rear windows and they leak, so the inside gets damp and the windows fog up. My short term solution is running a boat dehumidifier when the truck is parked overnight. It's not the kind with a tank and all that mess, it's just a rectangular box with a very low power heater inside. It just raises the dew point to prevent the moisture from condensing on the glass.

I also have a small space heater plugged into a remote so when I get out of bed before work I turn the heater on and pre-warm pre-dry the truck; of course that means plugging the truck in to an extension cord when I get home.

The long term solution is to replace the rear windows with some that don't leak, but it needs to get warmer before I try to wrestle the window seals.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks