• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m101 trailer accessories......what came on ur trailer?

lindyp38

what items came on ur trailer?

i had 4 fuel container holders...?

a tool box....

.....there are many holes in my trailer though....so some items were removed.....

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it had fuel can holders, it most likely held a generator. One of mine had two holders and holes in the bed that lined up with the mounting holes on an MEP002A. No tool box though.

CGarbee

I have one M101A1 that was converted to a generator/light trailer. It had the gerry can mounts on the fenders, a hole in the bed for the fuel line, and a M37 style gas tank mounted under the bed. It also had racks mounted for the light poles...

Most of my cargo M101/M101A1's have been lacking in extra holes... A few have had one drilled in each corner to help drain water, and a few have evidence of having a spare tire mount bolted to the outside of the front bed wall. Sadly, none of them has come with any spare stuff mounted to them, but I have had some with loose gear tossed in (one Craigslist find came with a wiffle tree and some chains...).

My M116 genset trailer came with the gerry can mounts, pole brackets, tarp clips, and the tool box (loaded) along with the tarp... and the generator... :)

Last edited:

muddog

I picked up a 101A2 today that had a spare tire mount, mounted in the bed at the front of the trailer. All of my other 101's came empty.
Harold.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
lindyp38, what you have is an M116A2. That set up appears to be for a communications generator. There probably was four hexagonal clamps bloted to the bed to hold antenna mast sections. Mine is set up exactly like yours. The grommeted hole is for the generator's oil drain tube. I have since stripped the clamps and the cable reel holder off. I'll post photos of mine when I got it. I also have an M101A2 that was set up for a generator.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heres a couple. I'll post more when I find them.
The A-frame looking deal on the front held a power cable reel from what i've been told.

Attachments

Ripcord01

1st M101 had nothing in it.
2nd M116A2 Had the receipt from the rebuild, two large bee hives ,and a few bees.
3rd M101 had a spare tire, A gum wrapper. A few water bottles, and one hole in the middle of the floor.

Ratch

2nd M116A2 Had the receipt from the rebuild, two large bee hives ,and a few bees.

Ah, I forgot about the bees. My last recovery (with the flip) was complicated by a couple busy wasp nests in the racks I had to remove. I thought I lost them on the 2+ hour drive home, but just noticed them still there and killed them a few days ago.

Ripcord01

I try not to kill them if the hive is active. I will put on a pair of leather gloves and a stick and try to move it. If the hive is abandoned I will just normally throw it on the ground. They are resistant little insects.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I try not to kill them if the hive is active. I will put on a pair of leather gloves and a stick and try to move it. If the hive is abandoned I will just normally throw it on the ground. They are resistant little insects.

Wasps are a given. If you didn't get them with your MV then GL or GSA owes you! I'm allergic to bee/hornet/wasp stings. They've sent me to the hospital several times. I carry an Eppi-Pen and a can of wasp/hornet spray. The little bast*rds are the first to go!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks