• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m101a2 surge brake assembly replacement

jnye

Hi all. I am new to military trailers and I just bought a used 1990 Kasel m101a2. Its pintle lunette ring and surge brake assembly look like they've seen better days (looks like it was rammed into something and it's bent slightly off to one side). It also seems that the surge brake isn't completely releasing. How would one go about finding a replacement assembly? I've been searching high and low and haven't been able to find much. I would really prefer to keep the same style of hitch for the time being at least.

Thanks in advance.

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi all. I am new to military trailers and I just bought a used 1990 Kasel m101a2. Its pintle lunette ring and surge brake assembly look like they've seen better days (looks like it was rammed into something and it's bent slightly off to one side). It also seems that the surge brake isn't completely releasing. How would one go about finding a replacement assembly? I've been searching high and low and haven't been able to find much. I would really prefer to keep the same style of hitch for the time being at least.

Thanks in advance.

If you can, share pictures of the damaged parts. You may find some folks that have either had the same or similar issues, may share some tips to avoid mistakes or make things easier, or may have parts you need to repair your own.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Croft trailer sells factory replacement parts, including the entire assembly.
Their customer service is very good.

I found a NOS assembly replacement a while back on eBay but that was pure luck.
I still have my old assembly if yours is too badly damaged. Just needs a shock.

As mentioned, post in the parts wanted.
Pictures would be great.

The M101A2 is a fantastic trailer and the surge brakes work very well when properly fixed and maintained.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks