• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101a2 with HardTop Conversion to Power Center and Camper

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a M101a2 Trailer with Hard Top, that Im wanting to convert into a Self Contained Power Center and Camper.

I have not had much time to work on it this summer due to the crazy heat, so now im only a week away from a 4 day Ham Radio Show Im doing in Shelby North Carolina and im 2 months away from the GA Rally. So until I can afford the Ductless system and have time to install it, im wanting to purchase a small portable air conditioner for the trailer, so I can sleep at night. I have access to 110 power hat Ham Show, Not sure yet what I will do at GA Rally.

Has anyone tried using any of the portable air conditioners in a trailer?

If so how did it work out?

Attachments

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've used a 5kBTU AC unit driven by a Honda 2kw generator in a vinyl covered M101A2 trailer that kept me cool at night. Haven't tried it during the day in the sun.

I set it on the tailgate with the front of the AC on the bed, and covered the back opening of the trailer with a tarp tucked in around the sides of the AC.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks