• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 for work truck

Sam27

I'm considering a M1028 CUCV for a work truck and backup daily driver. What can you guys tell me about its usability and reliability? I'm mostly concerned about reliability of the Chevy diesel, hard starting in the cold weather, and with slow top speed. I don't need to go really fast, but I want to be able to use the interstate without being a hazard to the flow of traffic. Can you push it to 65 with the 4.56 gears without ruining the motor?

Thanks for any advice.

Txstruck

Well I have the exact same truck and I havent had any probs that I havent caused myself. Yes it is slow and you can push it, but I would recommend just getting a bit taller tires. As far as using it for a work truck, no problems at all. Mine is a daily driver, weekend fun truck and a work truck when needed. I dont know what kind of work you will use it for but I have loaded the bed of mine full of durarock and tile from a remodel I helped with and never got it to set on the overload springs. I also pulled a 15' trailer with a tractor and brush hog and she pulled it with ease and braking was no problem either. And as long as you have a tight fuel system and working glow plugs and good batteries, cold starts are never a problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks