• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 rear brake shoes & wheel cylinders???

Drock

I've bin searching the web for rear brake shoes and wheel cylinders for my M1028 and there seems to be several different part numbers for both. AC Delco lists 2 part numbers for the shoes and 4 part numbers for the wheel cylinders. Apparently there's 2 different drum sizes. I would assume the Military axle would be the larger of the two:shrugs:? And if so what part numbers go with which drum size??

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What vehicle did you look up? If you want to be absolutely certain that you have the right parts, look up the GM numbers or NSN numbers in the parts TM and cross reference them with a websearch or use the parttarget site.

Drock

Okay so I finally found the right TM (Those things are ah PITA to read) anyway I found ah part number in the TM for the shoes (372379) ,which cross references to AcDelco part number (17452R) which fits the 13"X 3-1/2" drums. But nothing for the wheel cylinders. They aren't mentioned at all in the TM. I've bin searching for parts by calling this truck a (1986-K30) online, and at the parts stores.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
...But nothing for the wheel cylinders. They aren't mentioned at all in the TM.
Really?

I found the wheel cylinder list in under 10 seconds. Just took some scrolling thru the brake section.

TM 9-2320-289-34P, Figure 122, Item #4. Now you need to know what the UOC (Usable on Code) is for your truck. That is listed in the first few pages of Introduction Section in all the tech manuals. The code 209 is the Blazer. Code 230 is for the M1028.

So with that information you you will find the part number for the rear cylinder is GM 18004794.

Using Napa's Online parts interchange for 18004794, they list the cylinder UP 37290 for $9.

It took longer to type this response than it did to find the part in the manual and then look it up on Napa's webpage.

By the way when you are looking for parts use the 1984 K30 (or 1984 K5 if you have a Blazer). That is the specs that the trucks where built to. Even if your truck is a 1985, 1986 or 1987 it was built to 1984 specs. They did not receive parts upgrades over the years. That was so the military only had to stock one style of parts.

Last edited:

Drock

Okay I see it now, I just didn't read down far enough. Still ah little techie to read with all the little codes and such. Thanks Warthog, I guess I'll ask you next time sense it only takes you 10 seconds:beer:.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks