• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 shelter ?

CPAPPY

I bought this truck with this shelter on it , not sure what it is . And it worth. I need to get rid of it . All I have been using it for to store parts in . But spring is just around the corner and eager to start working on these trucks . So I will need to get it posted on the classified section. Tne 3rd picture show it twisted some , the bed of truck has all of carriage bolts out and the bed is flexing some .

Attachments

K9Vic

That is not a S250 shelter, that is some civilian type or home built for that truck. Looks like something anyone could go out and buy from any truck accessory store.

CPAPPY

That is not a S250 shelter, that is some civilian type or home built for that truck. Looks like something anyone could go out and buy from any truck accessory store.
Yes, that's what i found out googled S-250 and thats not a S-250. THANK'S

ONTOS66

Looks like some special purpose "cap" (I'm assuming that it isn't a full shelter with a floor). The holders on each side are for department of transportation hazard placards (eg: explosives, flammable, etc.)

Not an electrical equipment shelter, as you already figured out.

CPAPPY

Looks like some special purpose "cap" (I'm assuming that it isn't a full shelter with a floor). The holders on each side are for department of transportation hazard placards (eg: explosives, flammable, etc.)

Not an electrical equipment shelter, as you already figured out.
You are correct no floor . This was a truck I picked up at W.P.A.F.BASE DAYTON OHIO. Iam thinking it might be good for a hunter to have , it stays good and dry.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I concur that it is either a home made build up or maybe done on a base by a fab shop.

I would post it on local buy/sell boards or maybe on Craigs List if you can put up with the spam scams.

Somebody would love to give it a good home.

CPAPPY

I concur that it is either a home made build up or maybe done on a base by a fab shop.

I would post it on local buy/sell boards or maybe on Craigs List if you can put up with the spam scams.

Somebody would love to give it a good home.
It's not homemade , but thats a good ideal to put on craigslist this spring I have alot of parts in there now.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ones like yours that where at Tinker AFB last year had Explosive Warning signs on them.

Milbikes

I would really like a cap like that, but Ohio is a long haul for me from here out in CT. Rats....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks