• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028A3 shocks

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agree with Matt on this one. The coils on the shocks, muck like air shocks are about to be a thing of the past. Shock mounts are not designed to carry loads.

Skinny

I think you have been part of a hoax...I've never seen OEM shocks like that unless they were cheesy dealer add ons. Yes, a product of the earlier days. The only time you will see a factory air assist shock is typically on wagons or mini vans.

You could go with an AC Delco shock as the closest thing to a stock shock. Any off the shelf will fit fine. I personally have had great luck with Doesch Techs. I would stay away from Bilsteins as everyone I've used or installed clunked or leaked way too early in life. Great shock but not impressed with longevity.

chesapeake

I put Monroe Gas Magnums on my 1028A1 back in Nov. They have worked very well for me. I use my truck as a truck, on the road, hauling loaded trailers, through the cow pastures, etc. The yellow does stick out a little until they get dirty

Darwin T

no one has given a part number. i went to a local shop and asked for front, rear and stabalizer shocks for a K30 4x4 and they said Rancho (or something like that) was the best choice so i got a price, over $1,000.00.:drool:

so i went online and looked. there are so many different lenghts (max compression lenght max extension length) i am not air bagging my truck just need to replace the wind chime on the front passenger side thats what it sound like when it is idling). i don't have a lift just need stock or better replacements. i think i will get a bottle of mean green and some rags next sunny day and climb under the truck and see if i can find a part number.

Attachments

Skinny

That is a cool M1031, not sure if I would want the dually but it's sweet!

OK so IMO this thread is spiraling out of control and going to crash into the mountain. Go on Rockauto, put in 84' K30, then pick whatever brand of shock you want. AC Delco if you want OEM. Plenty of great aftermarket brands like KYB that will do the job. Click...they show up on your door.

If you want the coil over shock (which really isn't) you will have to source it at an Autozone, through JC Whitney, or look for Marty McFly in is KC Highlighted black Yota pickup.

Darwin T

its a regular M1028a2 or 3 dually that Uncle Sam put a Dodge Maintance Bed on. but i like it. i only bought it because the city passed an ordanance that we can't pack anything longer than 18' on our property except and RV. not even in a garage. no boats, campers, trailers or Dueces. i can however park this on my driveway. thats why i am working on converting my M109a3 to an RV.

thanks for the Rockauto idea and info.

Darwin T

On Rockauto Rancho shows 0-2" and 2-4" front lift. The other brands are one size fits all. With the 1.25 ton leaf springs is it still 0-2" or does it change to 2-4". This is why i am confussed. I think i will give up on Rancho and go with a one size fits all from Rockauto.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks