• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m105 camper

tm america

has anyone made a camper out of a m105 i jumbled something together last year for haspin but was thinkin of making something a little more permanent out of it i want to keep it stock looking on the outside.any different floor plans idea or ideas of thing i could feasably fit in there would be greatly appreciated

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It will make a real quick, "bare bones" camper, with just the canvas on. Take a piece of 3/4" plywood about 32" wide and notch it so it fits on top of the trailer sides, between the side rack stakes, in the front. That makes a shelf for gear and a coleman stove. More gear storage under it. The lantern hangs from a bow. The fender wells are seats. I don't get too fancy, so this is about right - but its not likely to be invited in those "Gated Communities". Never did speak their language, I guess!

Lee in Alaska

tm america

thats pretty similar to what i had in there for haspin but i also had a 40gal tank for water and a porta potty and i had built a new rear wall for the back with a door .now i'm thinking something a little better i was thinkin about putting a bed acroos the front close to the floor and another that flods down from the side i am gonna put a power inverter in there and run all the lights on 12volts so i can run a 12 fridge and water pump and 12volt water heater if i can find one .i want to mount a 40-50 gal water tank under the back close to the axle and put a shelf in the front for a small gen.i'm gonna mount a tv in the rear above the fridge but it will only run when it is plugged into 120 volt or the gen is running .i am thinking electric heater.im gonna build a wall in the front with a big window to and mount a shower on the side so i can put a portable shower inclosure there and put the portable toilet out there to that way i can have a warm shower

srodocker

i have a enclosure on mine but with it being at my parents house and work picking up again (14hrs shift coming up on tuesday :idea: ) my hours to work on it are slim but the money for it to work on it is growing...actually the deuce fund is growing so i can tow it hehe

50shooter

Sounds like some good thoughts for a limited floor plan. Any of you have any pics to share?

Last edited:

number9

Interested in pics and plans as I will take delivery of M105 soon and will use it to camp out of if I go to Haspin this summer probably.

tm america

i have the floor plans drawn up i will post it as soon as i get my scanner working ,has anyone rasied the roof a little keeping the stock top i arched my bows already it really helped now if i raise it at the side to i will be able to walk without bending down

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I brought my 105 fully modded to Haspin. Don't you remember? It was parked across the road from you. Here is a pic to jog your memory.

:)

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Keep in mind that water flows across the floor of the trailer if it rains. Don't leave anything on the floor of the trailer that you want to keep dry. I have slept in an M105 many nights at shows. It is OK...that's about it. It is MUCH nicer sleeping in the back of a deuce or 5 ton.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with Bruce. The back of a 105 is spartan and small in comparison with back of a deuce or 5 ton. They are nice. I plan on making an extended end curtain and hanging it one bow in from the back as a little privacy curtain. Last year at the FL rally we did cots in the back. I think this year I'm going to do an air mattress across the front with a couple of small tables. Since it was cold last year I'd like to find a stash of moving quilts to somewhat insulate the back. With all that said, the great advantage to the 105 is you can park it and forget it until you leave, having your truck as wheels.

tm america

nice looking trailer any pics of the inside:?:i,ve never had a problem with water getting in at least not more than my m35a2c.i have a new vinyl cover and my walls in the front and rear help out to. i agree bed bed of the deuce gives you alot more room . but makes it a hassle when i take the truck out wheeling since everything gets tossed around back there not to metion the risk of trees making new windows in my cover.thats the reason for the m105 .when i get there i just unhook and i'm set up hook back up when its time to go and then when i get home i can just drop it in the barn and unload it the next day.rather than having to empty out the bed of the truck when i get home and am beat up from driving the truck all weekend

tm america

i would love to get out of those shelters they make for the m105 and strip the shelves out of it and use it since they are so tall and insulated and they already have the right kind of door on the back :roll:

tm america

they have brakes and a leg that drops down in the back to keep it from tipping if you are lucky enough to get one with a new style landing leg it .it is adjustable in the front to

agood1

Why couldn't you take a commercial pop up camper and put it in the bed? I know it would fit in a deuce or a 5 ton. Just have it fold out over the sides of the bed.
Just had to come up with a way to secure it down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks