• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105 different Lunnette

Black Ops

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M105 different Lunette

I won a M105 Trailer on GL with a different lunette ring. I have never seen this before, does anyone know the story?

Attachments

Last edited:

jasonjc

I seen a ps mag that talked about both item on that trailer. 1) is some kind of handle/bar that helps you lift the landing grear one handed. and 2) the ring pulls out and moves side to side to make hooking up easyer.
The artical did not have any pic thought. So on pick up YOU MUST post alot of pick on how all this works.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks alot like the rear center hitch attachement on my tug.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The top handle in the hitch is for releasing the lunette to pivot side to side. The one on the leg is for lifting (and I think releasing) the leg.

indy4x4fab

Banned
WELL its most defiantly a m105a3 look at the air hose hook ups, there's two not one, so its defiantly not a m105a2, a1, or a0. looks handy luck catch. I'm willing to bet that there's only a hand full of these being released, if not the only one so far. We need more pictures to verify please.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is really cool. What I really want to find is one of the landing leg supports that the same company makes for the M105A3! That wimpy landing leg scares me when my son is around it. Anyone know where I can find one without paying retail to the company?

Black Ops

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it is just an add on to any m105a2. here is an installation video on youtube, I can't embed.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdoBS4Pk6Yk&feature=channel_video_title[/media]

Last edited:

Black Ops

Steel Soldiers Supporter
here is the vid for the landing leg assist

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ60xDVjRWk&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/media]

indy4x4fab

Banned
Hitch fits m149, m105a2, m103, m112, m200, and m390, all non surge brake trailers, and the leg only fits m149 and m105a2 trailers.

I want one of those snatch bars for my m105a2.

The lunnette on your trailer is probably a first gen design and i say that be cause of the picture of urs does not have the hose drilled threw it for the piece of angle iron to bolt to the lunnette, the chains on your trailer use the stock holes which i would think was a stronger design. But still a very cool buy by far. I called the company and they wont sell to the open public only to a business or the military.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks