• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 towing question

jmenende

Howdy folks. Im thinking of towing a few hmmwv with an m1078a1 and tow bar. The manual says the pintle can handle 12k lbs and the humvee is under 6500 lbs. Is the tow bar all thats needed? Im really a newbie when it comes to towing so any suggestions help. Just to clarify, this is just an effort to save on transport costs since I plan on moving a few humvees from one yard to another less than 20 miles apart and will use the hway. Thanks

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Howdy folks. Im thinking of towing a few hmmwv with an m1078a1 and tow bar. The manual says the pintle can handle 12k lbs and the humvee is under 6500 lbs. Is the tow bar all thats needed? Im really a newbie when it comes to towing so any suggestions help. Just to clarify, this is just an effort to save on transport costs since I plan on moving a few humvees from one yard to another less than 20 miles apart and will use the hway. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks