M1082 Trailer

Lostchain

Interested in a clean M1082 Trailer. Preferable in the woodland camo style.

Hoping for something located in the Pacific Northwest. Would like to use it for hauling hay around the farm.

Thanks

INFChief

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interested in a clean M1082 Trailer. Preferable in the woodland camo style.

Hoping for something located in the Pacific Northwest. Would like to use it for hauling hay around the farm.

Thanks
How much do your hay bales weigh? And who is gonna toss those rascals up on the back of that thing? Ha ha.

Lostchain

How much do your hay bales weigh? And who is gonna toss those rascals up on the back of that thing? Ha ha.
This year I need to haul about 4 1/2 tons. Usually they load them with the skid steer at the farm I buy it at and then I unload with forks on the tractor on my end.

Last year I hauled 3 ton with a buddies flatbed, but it was kinda laboured.

hay.jpg

Lostchain

Just a thought that you might want to look at a m1061 5 ton or xm1073 7ton flatbed. Lower and the m1061's are more plentiful out there.
I haven’t looked into those, guess I better start googling… will they work well with an lmtv? I.e. air brakes and will be level when hooked to the pintel hitch ?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, They are air over hydraulic and the pintle will be level with a lmtv. They were designed to work with the 5 tons. The xm1073 had a dual pintle set up with one lower to use with m113 armored personnel carriers but it makes it easier to use with civy trucks as it is lower. Those are not as plentiful out there.

The m1061 where used for laundry and gen sets typically. There is an older version , the m998 with sides but not as plentiful.

There is also a huge one out there the m998a1 that was used for ammo/rockets. Big beast but sides can come off. typically used behind a hemitt. Lots coming out of gp in Arizona shortly. Typically sell cheap because limited use for them.

Lostchain

Yes, They are air over hydraulic and the pintle will be level with a lmtv. They were designed to work with the 5 tons. The xm1073 had a dual pintle set up with one lower to use with m113 armored personnel carriers but it makes it easier to use with civy trucks as it is lower. Those are not as plentiful out there.

The m1061 where used for laundry and gen sets typically. There is an older version , the m998 with sides but not as plentiful.

There is also a huge one out there the m998a1 that was used for ammo/rockets. Big beast but sides can come off. typically used behind a hemitt. Lots coming out of gp in Arizona shortly. Typically sell cheap because limited use for them.
Thanks for the suggestion! Godspeed’s m1061 above looks great on his mtv so I’m definitely gonna keep my eye open for one of these now. Appreciate the info guys!!

Lostchain

I feel very fortunate to have gotten mine for $1,000.
wow! Nice man! Was that private party?

I thought maybe being on the left coast would keep the price lower since the rest of the country would have pretty hefty shipping fees to get these to them. Obviously that was wishful thinking.

INFChief

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I thought maybe being on the left coast would keep the price lower since the rest of the country would have pretty hefty shipping fees to get these to them. Obviously that was wishful thinking.
GovPlanet / IronPlanet.

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter

The left coast unfortunately throws money around at that certain auction site and we pay a lot more for items here than they do at sites in the east. Don't ask me how I know. Until shipping went through the roof, it wasn't bad to buy east and ship. Now it's not worth it (unless nobody else bids on it)

INFChief

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The left coast unfortunately throws money around at that certain auction site and we pay a lot more for items here than they do at sites in the east. Don't ask me how I know. Until shipping went through the roof, it wasn't bad to buy east and ship. Now it's not worth it (unless nobody else bids on it)
Shipping is a killer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks