• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1083 5 ton Front Brakes and Information Needed/

Lugnuts

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in need of parts for my front left Meritor Wedge brake. I did manage to remove the guts from the wheel cylinder. I do have kits. But my Brake chamber and wedge are not per se salvageable. The Chamber and tube I could probably reuse if I had to but the Wedge and Spring and the rod that runs up to the chamber are pretty much toast. I have combed the internet and not found the long versions of these. Any replies greatly appreciated.
Also I have a parts book for a M1078 but different than the 5 Ton. Where might I be able to obtain a (e)catalog for the beauty. Appreciate all the help people have given me in the past. Thank you

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I am in need of parts for my front left Meritor Wedge brake. I did manage to remove the guts from the wheel cylinder. I do have kits. But my Brake chamber and wedge are not per se salvageable. The Chamber and tube I could probably reuse if I had to but the Wedge and Spring and the rod that runs up to the chamber are pretty much toast. I have combed the internet and not found the long versions of these. Any replies greatly appreciated.
Also I have a parts book for a M1078 but different than the 5 Ton. Where might I be able to obtain a (e)catalog for the beauty. Appreciate all the help people have given me in the past. Thank you
1083 manual lists the front as the same service brake setup as the 1078. Its a service brake. Not a spring brake on the front. There are a few on Ebay

Its called a wedge not a wheel cylinder.

Any air brake parts can be found in the euclid catalog. Including the stems. Just need to know what diaphragm you have

Just Google search euclid air brake catalog
Front drivers brake on a 1083 pictured below

There also should not be a spring in that tube. Only on the wedge itself.

Common wedge kits as well

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
For the pushrod

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
All of it is common thru any truck parts place local to you. Or found online. LMTVs use the same brake system parts that have been used for years.

You would have to measure the rod to get the correct one. The tubes with the service cap are on Ebay for reasonable prices

Lugnuts

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All of it is common thru any truck parts place local to you. Or found online. LMTVs use the same brake system parts that have been used for years.

You would have to measure the rod to get the correct one. The tubes with the service cap are on Ebay for reasonable prices
Thank you. I saw the one on eBay

coachgeo

TM's for the MTV are also available for free online for the A0's.

What Wes (Simp) says. 👆

The brake parts are pretty generic commercial truck. Try FinditParts.com seem to recall reading that the long stem brake chamber is available they just show a generic brake chamber picture with short stem so if you don't read close you will skim right past the listing on a truck supply page.

Lugnuts

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM's for the MTV are also available for free online for the A0's.

What Wes (Simp) says. 👆

The brake parts are pretty generic commercial truck. Try FinditParts.com seem to recall reading that the long stem brake chamber is available they just show a generic brake chamber picture with short stem so if you don't read close you will skim right past the listing on a truck supply page.
Thank you

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks