• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1102 Trailer Body Panels

Spagman

Hello forum members.
I have been reading the information on this forum for some time and it is always very helpful. I purchased first Humvee (M988 A1) last year and added a second one to the stable a month ago (M1045 A2).
I recently picked up an M1102 trailer that is in great shape except for some panel damage on the outside of the front bed panel. I am assuming that it is easier to replace the front bed panel than to try and straighten out the damaged aluminum, especially since a good portion of the damage is in areas that can not be accessed with a hammer and dolly.

Does anyone know of a good surplus source for these trailer body panels?
I believe that these trailer are made by Schutt and Silver Eagle, but not sure they will sell to a non military buyer and even if they do the cost is likely to be quite high.

Any help you can provide steering me in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Shark Bait

I've talked to Mr. Schutt before, nice guy, Steve I think was his name. Was helpful on a question on mine. I don't remember what it was. Give them a call and see. The M1102 is a great trailer. I made a top for mine and have put over 20,000 miles on it.

Spagman

Thanks Shark Bait. I left a message at Schutt and waiting for them to get back to me. Would be great if these part were available as surplus, but so far I have not been able to find any.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks