M114

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

patracy

Administrator
Administrator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a line on some more tracks, but that's about it. Haven't heard a peep from the engine shop. I'm going to call monday and ask what the status is. It'll be a year they've had it in November. I just keep on having life getting in the way of working on it. It might end up heading down to WGTatical for some TLC as well.

85CUCVtom

I've got a line on some more tracks, but that's about it. Haven't heard a peep from the engine shop. I'm going to call monday and ask what the status is. It'll be a year they've had it in November. I just keep on having life getting in the way of working on it. It might end up heading down to WGTatical for some TLC as well.
Nice! Have you seen some of the M114's and V100's these guys build?

http://osmwi.com/

Good luck on the engine shop, I know a lot of them take their sweet time getting work done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patracy

Administrator
Administrator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, that's WGTactical. (Gerald) We're only about 30 mins apart from each other.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you looking for tracks themselves or new track pads? I noticed in a recent army motors/supply line magazine, some guy needed new pads, can't remember if it was an APC or tank or halftrack, he found a place that will repad your links, there was a story on it and what place it was, I'll dig it up if you want.

howiebearse

I built mine several years ago when parts were easier to find. I had to sell it as we lost inside storage and a place to run it around storing it out side was a bummer.

Attachments

howiebearse

my M114

here are a few more of inside I used the 350 crate motor with original 283 special heads and all attachments . For cooling assist I had two engine covers so I took one and with a skill saw and special blade cut out a rectangle and installed a louvered vent to help get heat out of the engine compartment. The surf board covered it enough so it would not show. I have allot more photos to share if anyone is interested I will post them here

Attachments

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
when both our vehicles are ready, we need to have a tugowar at ss18 or 19. my stock 113a2 vs your m114... might have about 5 to 6k lbs on you.🙄

patracy

Administrator
Administrator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
when both our vehicles are ready, we need to have a tugowar at ss18 or 19. my stock 113a2 vs your m114... might have about 5 to 6k lbs on you.
I've mentioned we need to have a tug of war with Gerald. (His gasser 114 vs my diesel 114) I'll hook chains to you, but I already know how that would end.

patracy

Administrator
Administrator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now for some updates.

The engine is back from the machine shop. I need to order a set of rod and main bearings and rings to start putting the rotating assembly back together. The cupola was pretty hammered that I had. Gerald again saved the day. I'm tempted to take this bearing to advanced auto and ask them for a replacement.

IMAG0997(1).jpgIMAG0993.jpg

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now for some updates.

The engine is back from the machine shop. I need to order a set of rod and main bearings and rings to start putting the rotating assembly back together. The cupola was pretty hammered that I had. Gerald again saved the day. I'm tempted to take this bearing to advanced auto and ask them for a replacement.

View attachment 718473View attachment 718474
That will buff out Drew. [thumbzup]

patracy

Administrator
Administrator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, this one has some repairs needed. But it's in MUCH better shape than what I'll be taking off.

patracy

Administrator
Administrator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Honestly no update other than I picked up a lot of parts. All my focus has been on the slantback conversion for my 1038.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

85CUCVtom

Do you still have a lot of parts to source or is everything sort of coming together? You were using 6.2 diesels in that weren't you?

The slant back should be cool when it's wrapped up!

patracy

Administrator
Administrator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a never ending thing for needing parts. I was going to go with a 6.2 at first. But then I found a Cummins 4BT that I'm building for it. I've got a M35A2 "C" turbo I'm going to run in conjunction with the stock turbo. Not really for that much more power, but more of the sound.

The slantback is looking great on the outside, now I've just got to do piddly stuff like rifle mounts, radio, all the internal stuff.

85CUCVtom

It's a never ending thing for needing parts. I was going to go with a 6.2 at first. But then I found a Cummins 4BT that I'm building for it. I've got a M35A2 "C" turbo I'm going to run in conjunction with the stock turbo. Not really for that much more power, but more of the sound.

The slantback is looking great on the outside, now I've just got to do piddly stuff like rifle mounts, radio, all the internal stuff.
Beside the sound, isn’t the 4BT a more robust motor than the 6.2?

When it comes to tracked vehicles, are you able to run that in the road for events, parades & etc? Obviously you can’t joy ride it but will you be able to run it on the road at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patracy

Administrator
Administrator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Certainly. I'm aiming to get 250-300hp out of it.

I plan on seeing if I can get it tagged. (Maybe...) If not, I am sure I can run parades. Or at worst, I can get a reflective triangle and declare it "farm equipment".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks