M114

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

85CUCVtom

Certainly. I'm aiming to get 250-300hp out of it.

I plan on seeing if I can get it tagged. (Maybe...) If not, I am sure I can run parades. Or at worst, I can get a reflective triangle and declare it "farm equipment".
I figured there has to be a way- the tracks are rubber padded right? I can’t imaging it’s gonna tear up the road too bad. Keep us posted- I’ve enjoyed following the project!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Certainly. I'm aiming to get 250-300hp out of it.

I plan on seeing if I can get it tagged. (Maybe...) If not, I am sure I can run parades. Or at worst, I can get a reflective triangle and declare it "farm equipment".
Drew,
You are known throughout the SS MV world as a "get 'er done" kind of guy.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

I rest assured that since you've put your mind it, IT WILL HAPPEN!!!

Please..... Carry on, Sir.

Last edited:

js0276

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's another way I can get it on the road too. But, well, it's not to polite. :tank:
Did someone say parts?!?!?!?!
I am still looking for the Drivers hatch, observers hatch, rear hatch, motor hatches, cupola, road wheels.........
Well!!!!! Just say everything!

patracy

Administrator
Administrator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've done nothing really with the 114 outside gathering parts. I had someone that apparently was interested in trading for it, but it seems that isn't happening. At the very least, I've got some renewed interest in it now. The weather is currently horrible to be honest here. 90+ days with tons of humidity. I simply have no desire to work on it under the sun and sweat right now. Once things start cooling down some, I'm going to get back to repairing the hull issues. Then sandblast and paint it all. That is, unless I can find someone interested in taking on the project as it sits for a trade. At least I'm not ignoring the "yard art" now.

Another Ahab

I've done nothing really with the 114 outside gathering parts. I had someone that apparently was interested in trading for it, but it seems that isn't happening. At the very least, I've got some renewed interest in it now. The weather is currently horrible to be honest here. 90+ days with tons of humidity. I simply have no desire to work on it under the sun and sweat right now. .

AAAA.jpg

patracy

Administrator
Administrator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, the 114 might be getting traded off in a week or two. But I did do a little work last night for it. There was an impact that blew up the hatch as well as deform the hull greatly. I had cut out the deformed section a while back. I machined a replacement panel on the cnc last night. This was interesting to figure out the radius, but also how to place it on the aluminum stock.

20190724_231521.jpgreceived_824070061326913.jpga18e31098925d1ae2087e47e51e9d052.jpg231c1470f4aa3386c4d80b7a63770deb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had cut out the deformed section a while back. I machined a replacement panel on the cnc last night.

What kind of machine and control are you running?

patracy

Administrator
Administrator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a machine I picked up a few years ago from Redstone Arsenal. It's actually very low hours and use. But and old one. It's a Top Well 5BVKS with a analam 1100m controller.

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice - those knee mill CNC retrofit machines can be really useful. We have a few AcuRite MillPower equipped Bridgeports at work. Looks like nice work you did there.

Another Ahab

So, the 114 might be getting traded off in a week or two. But I did do a little work last night for it. There was an impact that blew up the hatch as well as deform the hull greatly. I had cut out the deformed section a while back. I machined a replacement panel on the cnc last night.
That CNC is one sweet machine. Nice.

How are you holding that replacement piece in place, some shelf clips underneath?

patracy

Administrator
Administrator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's sitting on top of the hole. I made the plate slightly oversized. Easier to remove metal than put it back.

patracy

Administrator
Administrator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I don't know how I feel about it yet. But the M114 went to it's new home today. There's a M114 at it's new home already, so at least it won't be lonely. Also the M1008 had no problems pulling the M114 up the driveway/hill making a sharp 90 turn then a sloping 90. I guess these wheel chock CUCVs don't get the credit they deserve. Mine pulled it without skipping a beat. Used a snatch block on the trailer with wire rope to my truck to pull it onto the trailer. Wreckerman actually rode out there with the new owner.

67402679_2511175282237976_5436980674596700160_o.jpg67430227_2511175368904634_4392687877977276416_o.jpg

Another Ahab

Well, I don't know how I feel about it yet. But the M114 went to it's new home today. There's a M114 at it's new home already, so at least it won't be lonely
Sure hope that they're no bad feelings about the "loss", and you're happy it got a new home.

Was it running, or just a shell only?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks