M114

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah I agree and understand. From what I've thought about it, the 6.2 or 6.5 seems like the way I'm going to go. Even then we're only talking 180-200hp tops. Which is only slightly more than the stock engine. The safety factor is another reason why I want it diesel powered. (After seeing how "slow" I am getting in and out of it. I'd hate to be in a fire inside of it.)
Fire can be a huge motivator........

B3.3T

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A diesel is a great improvement to any armor. The safety but also the added torque is great.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I met a guy today. I took a pic of him. But he said he's into clandestine operations or something. I think he's wearing some sorta mask.

carnac.jpg

Anyhow, that feller was pretty nice because he gave me all this:

IMAG4080.jpg

I'm not sure if the periscopes are for the 114. But honestly I think I can make them fit the 114 if not with a little modding. I'll have to find the cables and gear for the intercom. But this helps tremendously with interior stuff!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you did find an engine then? I see you took your add down. I was confused when I was looking for it to add to my offer later.
I think Tony has me taken care of on a 6.2 engine. Do you have something?

Jeepsinker

I have a running driving 1009 I would sell and deliver to you cheap, that way you have the entire running drivetrain and support system to pick over, then scrap the rest. I also have a C turbo. The truck is not titled, and is rusty.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the problem is, the engine is about the only thing I can even use. The transmission wouldn't work since I need it to be a 2wd. I'm not sure if I could manage to re-purpose much else from the CUCV, but I could maybe use it for spare parts for my 1008. Send me a PM with the details.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a spare Suburban 2wd TH400. All you need is a diesel torque converter and governor. I even have a few dozen torque converters.

Here is a picture of the tailshaft

Attachments

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kinda wish I'd have bought a little more track than just this. Not in perfect shape, but better than I thought it'd have been.

IMAG4081.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks